Building a website will not automatically give you an online business! Whether you sell a product or provide a service, ultimately the goal is for your website to generate income.
You most likely need an eCommerce solution that works for your business model and needs.
Do you know which one ecommerce solution is right for you? Below is a list of some ecommerce online shopping cart solutions.
Ultimately, you do not need to know about which solutions are available if your business is generating any business. Let a window cleaner clean windows, an electrician do electrics, a plumber do the plumbing and the website specialists do the website.
OS CommerceOriginally (in the late 90's and early 2000's), I used OS-Commerce for an affordable ecommerce solution on many sites for various reasons. OS Commerce provides you with the tools to set up a complete and self-hosted online store website.
Zen CartAfter OS Commerce, I moved on to Zen Cart for an ecommerce solution as it was basically OS Commerce with bells and whistles which made life much better with a more powerful solution.
Zen Cart is a user-friendly, open source shopping cart software which is based on OS-Commerce. The ecommerce web site script is developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce could and should be done differently.
OpenCartWritten from scratch and without the baggage of another script, OpenCart is a feature-rich, easy to use, search-engine friendly ecommerce PHP script with a great user interface.
- Unlimited categories and products.
- Multi Currency support.
- Multiple languages for products.
- Consumer product reviews and ratings.
- Uses templates and themes.
- Automatic image resize.
- Lightbox for product gallery images.
- Multimple Payment Gateways.
- Various Shipping Methods.
CS cartCS Cart is a fully customisable eCommerce solution platform for medium-sized businesses:
- More than 70 payment gateways.
- Build-in affiliate program.
- On-page checkout facility.
PrestashopPrestaShop is a free, fully scalable, open-source ecommerce solution. PrestaShop offers some enhanced features, including:
- higher speed, and
- easy-to-manage administration back office.
ContentShelfFully loaded with over 50 features, Content Shelf ecommerce solution has everything needed to sell and deliver digital products.
ShopifyWith Shopify you can create an ecommerce online website shop with all the bells and whistles.
- Over 100 professional themes + mobile themes.
- Design a custom store.
- CMS + micro-blogging platform.
- Social media sharing.
VolusionVolusion is an ecommerce website for online store and hosting combined:
- All-in-one ecommerce solution.
- Mobile and Facebook store included.
- Average 3x more online sales.
1ShoppingCartOne shopping cart is an all-in-one eCommerce solution.
- Fully customisable storefront design.
- Online product catalogs.
- Upsell and autoresponder features.
King CartKing Cart is a turn-key ecommerce solution to your online shop site needs, featuring:
- Merchant Account;
- Paymeny Gateway;
- Shopping Cart;
- all in one complete package.
Shopping Cart EliteShopping Cart Elite allows you to push your products in various marketplaces including eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and many others. It uses your existing online product database and allows you to create templates that resemble your product page.
ShopSiteShop site is an ecommerce solution with an intuitive interface, you can have an online shop setup quite quickly. Your online hop won’t outgrow the Shop Site script, and you will not need expensive add-ons in order to have a fully functioning online shop.
Tomato CartTomatoCart is open source ecommerce solution developed and maintained by over 64,000 active users from over 50 countries and regions.
MagentoMagento has feature-rich solutions that address a wide range of business sizes, needs and budgets.
SpreeCommerceSpree Commerce is a 100% open source ecommerce solution powered by the popular Ruby on Rails framework. It was designed to make customisation and upgrades as simple as possible.
Lite CommerceLite Commerce is an open-source e-commerce solution (OSL 3.0).
- It can work like a Drupal 7 module and as a stand-alone web application.
- Pre-built Ecommerce CMS package installing both LiteCommerce and Drupal.
- Uses a clean and smooth user interface with nice AJAX enhancements.
- Featuring a quick and easy one-page checkout.
- Uses a highly customisable modular architecture.
- Has an automatic upgrade function.
- PHP code optimised for high performance.
GetShoppedRight out of the box you can use this WordPress e-Commerce Plugin to make a beautiful online shop.
- Multi-tier pricing for quantity discounts.
- Search Engine Friendly with Pretty URLs.
- 100% customisable.
- One-page checkout.
ShopperPressShopperPress is a Premium WordPress theme that transform WordPress into a fully functionality online shop with shopping cart functionality.
Fat Free CartFatFreeCart is a shopping cart ecommerce solution, developed by the team behind E-junkie shopping cart. It works inside your website or blog and will even work from a MySpace page. It is simply a copy-paste cart and does not require you to register or install anything.
InfusionSoftInfusionSoft is everything you need in one package. A CRM, ecommerce solution, social media and email marketing. All of his is available in a single, powerful system that automatically converts leads into new customers and grows sales from existing ones.
3d Cart3D Cart is an ecommerce solution that enables the website guys to easily build, edit, and maintain your online shop, and collect orders without any programming or HTML knowledge.
- Pick a base template and customise.
- Include your corporate logo.
- Upload product images.
- Add product descriptions and prices.
FoxyCartOne of the fastest checkouts available fro an ecommerce solution. Foxy Carts unique and innovative checkout is fast, conversion optimised, and profitable. Featuring: reduced time to market; lower implementation costs; lower long-term costs.
You know you have a good eCommerce solution when……it generates:
- More trust.
- Repeat customers.
- Higher conversions.
- More engaged user experience.
- Higher search engine rankings.
- Word of mouth.
- Positive social media comments.